Healing moves you closer to your true, authentic self. It helps you experience greater peace, balance and freedom. It is also instrumental in helping you live your true potential.
How do you know you’re a healer?
Here a few signs that you could be a modern-day shaman:
1) You’re sensitive. This includes being sensitive to your environment such as sounds, energy and the people in your surroundings. You can be easily overwhelmed. You prefer nature, as well as quiet and calm spaces.
2) You like being alone. You’re introverted by nature. Being in large crowds is draining and overwhelming for you. When you’re alone, you feel like you can charge up your batteries and regain your energy.
3) You’re intuitive. You have a good sense of how things will turn out, and people often to turn to you when they have a problem. You can easily anticipate people needs and wants. You often have dreams and visions.
4) You have a big heart. You’re empathic and compassionate. You can easily feel other people’s pain. People often feel better or comforted in your presence, and feel safe in sharing their life secrets with you.
5) You are aware of energy. You see and sense the world through a different lens. You know that the world is more than just what you see, and you’re able to look beyond the surface level of situations and exchanges. Your abilities can also make you sensitive to negative and positive energy.
6) You enjoy helping others. You genuinely enjoy being of service to other people. You may already be in a role of helping others as a practitioner, such as a nurse, chaplain or therapist. It brings you deep meaning and joy to help others.
7) The word “healing” excites you. You don’t know why, but you’re attracted to healing and want to learn more. You know you have a calling and have a feeling that healing can help you explore more deeply your gifts and talents.
And if you’re reading this blog post, you’re probably a healer, or possibly a reluctant one at that. If you’re wondering where to start, here are a few suggestions:
1) Try healing practices to help you cultivate and develop your gifts. This includes gentle yoga, qigong and meditation.
2) Experience healing. Explore different healing methodologies and healers in your area. Find a healer who resonates with you, and speak to him/her about how you can learn more.
Welcome to the realm of the unknown where the m-words are happily accepted and normal. With healing, you will often experience more flow, synchronicity and miracles. But let me not mislead you, the healing path is not an easy one. It is often deeply arduous, unearthing pain and wounds that keep you from being free. Through healing, you can often experience emotional upheaval, exhaustion and life changes. Healing is a never-ending journey of self-discovery.
Rumi said, “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Healing allows light to come through you and be a light unto the world. When you heal, you help the whole world heal.